Friday, December 11, 2009

If You Lived in Manhattan . . .

. . . and you were on our Young Life committee, or you were Orville and Irma who live next door to us, or you were our friends The Richards, YOU would be getting a little of this for Christmas!



Can you believe it?  My domestic skills really decided to show up last night.  We just wanted to put together some delicious treats for our friends here, and this is what we came up with.  I made Oreo truffles, chocolate dipped pretzels, Ranch style crackers, and classic puppy chow (Rachael Garner- this brought back memories of you!).  Now, don't go thinking that I'm a Susie Homemaker or anything.  My kitchen was a DISASTER after this (beware of shaking puppy chow in off-brand zip lock bags!) and I was up until 1:45 a.m. making it all happen.  We can't ALL be Martha Stewart.

In other news, I (finally) decided to let Cash try some rice cereal.  He enjoyed it, I guess as much as you can enjoy flavorless mush.  Here he is during the big event.


Looking a bit perplexed


Mmmmmm.  Spoooooon!


Kind of a messy eater, but happy nonetheless!


One last thing. . .here's a little Christmas Card Preview to whet your appetite!  Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. I love his little smiley face! Too cute! Your treats look amazing! You did a great job...Martha would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy baby! Can't wait to see the Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete