Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

Can you believe that we only live about 8 hours from skiable terrain?!  I mean, nothing beats the beautiful Rockies and all of their little ski resort towns.  I have spent several summers at YL camps in Colorado and winters on ski trips.  One of my favorite memories of college was spending Jan Term of my freshman year living in Silverthorne and working in Breckenridge for a month.  It was a totally random experience with a few of my sister's friends.  We worked in lift ticket sales in the morning and skied all afternoon.  It was probably my favorite job EVER.  Kim Baugh Lee, I sure hope you read this!


Anyhow, we took 20 of our amazing leaders to the Rockies this past weekend for our spring leader retreat.  Chad's AMAZING parents watched our kiddos and nursed Reese through a double ear infection- they are saints.  All the while, we were able to spend time with the Lord, grow stronger as a community, and really cast vision and plan for the upcoming semester.  I. Loved. Every. Minute.  I think that I could easily live in Colorado.  It just feels like home.    



Our Fabulous YL Leaders

Greetings from Breckenridge!
   

1 comment:

  1. now that i am feeding a baby again i actually get to catch up on others blogs. just read this! and yes, it was totally random and the best job ever! skiing everyday! doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete